Ever since Wayv debuted, there were not much interactions with NCT 127 and NCT Dream because of company policies - thus sparking the ot18 vs ot21 division in the fandom. However, lately, there have been more and more instances that Wayv is being acknowledged as an NCT subunit. Here are some of the said instances:
1. Spotify has included Wayv's songs into the This is NCT Playlist they made. Love Talk, Moonwalk, and Take Off had been included.
2. Turn Back Time MV has SM Entertainment's logo in the end of the video unlike the previous comebacks that only ended with a Label V logo. Plus, there's a Korean version of Turn Back Time - which has never happened before to the the previous comebacks!!!
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUCVRF6hjSQ (side note: stream both versions!!)
3. Hendery followed NCT 127 members in instagram.
4. In a recent interview of Taeyong, he was asked on how he sees himself as a leader - to which he replied: "... There was also the pressure of feeling like I needed to show a different side of myself for each the four NCT teams, and I had a lot of concerns..." He referred to four NCT Teams - which most probably meant NCT 127, NCT Dream, NCT U, and Wayv!! There were talks that there is a company policy which prohibits the Korean subunits to mention or interact with Wayv - but is it still binding now that Taeyong counts Wayv in in an interview?
5. Wayv now has a Vlive!! (though this doesn't really support my theory just wanted to say anyway hahahaha sorry)
Anyway, seeing how Wayv is slowly being acknowledged as part of NCT day by day, our hopes of an ot21 soon are getting higher and higher. Honestly, I think it would be in early 2021 because of the 21 members like the NCT 2018 with the 18 members but I just really hope for an ot21 and an NCT U comeback.
Thank you for reading my nonsense T^T. Got any other proof like those above? Comment them below!! Dissenting opinions are also welcome :)